Sunday, April 26, 2020

Our failed Adventure

In 2014 my dad decided that we would move from our home of 8 years and go to Arizona. The family did not like the idea at all but he had his way. We put the house up for rent and as soon as we found some renters, He bought two RVs and we pulled them all the way from central Oregon to Flagstaff. 

Once we got there we settled in a spot we found in the woods about 10 miles from town. And we stayed there for about 4 months while we were searching for a piece of land to buy. 

Near the end of that 4 months we were all restless and started bickering. My mom and us kids threatened to take one of the RVs and leave him there, and so he decided we would move back to Oregon. 
He found a piece of land in Cave Junction. If you haven't heard of it it's a tiny town about 40 minutes away from Grants Pass. I ended up loving the area but it was short lived. The end of the next summer is when my dad decided to do everything he originally wanted to do without us.
 
As a family we are in a better place now. Plus I have my own family now. If it wasn't for our faild adventure I may have never met my husband. That being said I have no complaints. We are now planning our own adventure into the unknown..

No comments:

Post a Comment